This policy is not meant to cover the practices of these third parties and only applies to products, services, devices and other technologies provided, manufactured or developed by LGE for you, as a user of the Website.
A. Information Collected
We collect "personally identifiable information" from visitors to the Website.
Personally Identifiable Information is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, email address, password or posts. LGE stores the personally identifiable information that you have provided to us. Here are some examples of manners in which we may collect your personally identifiable information on the Website:
- We may collect your first and last name and contact information if you register for the Website, create a profile, or use any portion of the Website;
- We may collect your first and last name, email address, and/or posts if you write and/or upload content to the Website;
- We may collect registration details about any content that you upload or download from the Website and this information may be tied to your name and mailing address;
– We may collect your name, email address or your posts when we operate the Website;
- We may collect your name or email address if you contact us with a question.
The above list provides an example of the personally identifiable information that may be collected on the Website. If you do not want LGE to collect your personally identifiable information, please do not provide it to us.
B. Use of Information Collected Via the Website
We use your personally identifiable information that is collected on this Website primarily for the following purposes:
- To deliver information, content and other services to you;
- To alert you to special offers, updated information and other new products or services from LGE, or other third parties, or to forward promotional materials to you;
- To analyze and improve the products and services we offer;
- To develop new products and services;
- To protect and defend our rights and property, including by way of legal proceedings;
- To provide you with a user-friendly navigation experience;
- To complete a transaction or service requested by you;
- To fulfill the terms of a promotion;
- To ensure the Website is relevant to your needs;
- To help us create and publish content most relevant to you;
- To allow you access to limited-entry areas of the Website; and
- To contact you in response to sign up forms such as Contact Us or other inquiry.
C. Sharing and Disclosure of Information
We may share or disclose your personally identifiable information in the following instances:
- To fulfill a service to you. For example, if you upload contents from the Website, we may share your personally identifiable information in order to fulfill your request. In addition, if you email us a question, we may use your email address to process your request and respond to your question.
- To our parent company, subsidiaries and affiliates in order to better serve you. LGE may have to share your data with these parties in order to provide you with services that have been requested by you, or so that we can ensure our services and products are meeting your needs. For example, in some instances LGE may be required to transfer your data to our parent company in Korea in order to provide you any product or service requested by you.
- To strategic partners, agents, third party service providers, or other unaffiliated parties, that work with LGE to provide contents or services to LGE. These third parties may need your data in order to fulfill a service to you. For example, LGE may need to provide your data to a third party service provided in order to ensure an application developed by you works on LGE products.
- To unaffiliated third-party service providers, agents or independent contractors who help us maintain the Website and provide other administrative services to us (including, but not limited to, order processing and fulfillment, providing customer service, maintaining and analyzing data, and sending customer communications on LGE's behalf). We seek to ensure that these unaffiliated third parties will not use the personally identifiable information for any other purpose than to provide the administrative services for which they are responsible. Because such unaffiliated third-party service providers that help us administer the Website will have access to users' personally identifiable information, if you do not wish for our unaffiliated third-party service providers to have access to your information, please do not register or submit any personally identifiable information to us.
- To comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or property, including the rights and property of LGE or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our end users.
- To third parties as part of any corporate reorganization process including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, and sales of all or substantially all of our assets.
- To track and analyze non-identifying and aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our visitors and customers and provide such information to third parties.
D. Collection and Use of Information from Children Under the Age of 13
LGE does not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to use the Website. If you are under 13 please do not attempt to register on the Website or send us any Personal Information.
E. International Transfer of Information
From time to time, we communicate with users who subscribe to our services via email or text message. For example, we may use your email address to confirm your request, to send you information about changes to our products and services, and to send notices and other disclosures as required by law. Generally, users cannot opt-out of these communications, but they will be primarily informational in nature rather than promotional.
However, we provide you the opportunity to exercise an opt-out choice if you do not want to receive other types of communication from us, such as emails or updates from us regarding new services and products offered on the Website or if you do not want us to share your personally identifiable information with third parties. We will process your unsubscribe as soon as possible, but please be aware that in some circumstances you may receive a few more messages until the unsubscribe is processed.
G. Forums and Other Public Posting Areas
Please note that any information you include in a message you post to any product review board, forum or other public posting area is available to anyone with Internet access. If you don't want people to know your e-mail address, for example, don't include it in any message you post publicly.
H. Third Party Website
This statement applies solely to information collected on the Website. The Website may contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other sites.
In the event that all or part of our assets are sold or acquired by another party, or in the event of a merger, you grant us the right to assign the personally identifiable information collected via the Website.
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information that you transfer to LGE is done at your own risk.
If we learn of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. However, please note that this is not a guarantee for the security. By using this Website or providing personally identifiable information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of this Website. We may post a notice on the Website if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
L. Contacting LGE
Last Updated on: May 20, 2015